Last updated on April 26, 2023
Lentil soup is one of the soups that is consumed in every seasons of the year and consumed with pleasure due to its satisfying and nutritious properties. You can consume lentil soup and vegetable dishes together for meals you want to spend lightly.
Lentil soup is very satisfying and will suit the menus with vegetable dishes. It may be served before meals such as beans, leeks with olive oil, okra, artichokes and kidney beans. Before meat meals, you can eat lentil soup to prepare and relax your stomach.
• 3 tablespoons of sunflower oil,
• 1 onion (chopped coarsely),
• 1 tablespoon of flour (Adding flour will help your soup to be thicker. If you do not like very thick soups, you do not need to add flour),
• 1 carrot (chopped coarsely),
• 1 potato (large size, coarsely chopped),
• 1 teaspoon salt,
• 1 teaspoon black pepper,
• 1.5 cups red lentils (a cup 200 ml),
• 6 1/2 cups hot water,
• 3 tablespoons oil,
• 2 spoonful butter,
• 1 teaspoon pepper.
- Add 3 tablespoons of oil to a deep pan. Fry 1 large chopped onion with vegetable oil.
- Add 1 tablespoon of flour to the roasted onions and continue the roasting process until the smell comes out and turns color. Transfer a carrot and a potato, which you cut into large pieces, into the pot and continue mixing.
- Add salt, pepper and 1.5 cups of lentils that drained after washing with plenty of water and mix well for the last time.
- Add 6 cups of hot water to the pot.
- Then close the lid and cook for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes and carrots are soft.
- In order for the soup to get a smooth consistency after cooking; through a hand blender. After cooking for another 5 minutes, remove from the stove.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of oil and 2 tablespoons of butter in a pan. Add 1 teaspoon of powdered red pepper on it and after heating the oil for 2 minutes, take it off the stove.
- Take the soup in a bowl and pour the oil you have heated on it and serve.